Senior Product Manager
Product Managers are at the heart of the Zeelo business. They are the glue that binds commercial goals with operational delivery and the grease that eases rapid engineering development over the bumpy road of scaleup reality.
Zeelo product managers work closely with commercial and operations teams to identify and create opportunities. They apply a keen commercial understanding and an analytical approach to design innovative solutions with the engineering team which they then manage through development and delivery into customers hands.
Senior Product Managers take full responsibility for defining and delivering a Product Vision. The key goals of the role are to take firm ownership for your assigned business area, creating and delivering innovations that empower our commercial team, support our operational team and amaze our customers. You will be a visible leader internally and externally, a standard bearer for the company’s values and goals who builds a global community of customer advocates reflecting an award winning, class leading customer experience.
- Contribute significantly to organisation's strategy and goals while enabling business and user objectives
- Set and execute the vision of customer centricity in all the products you are responsible for
- Driving the vision for the team, and building a strategy and product roadmap that aligns to the team’s mission and success metrics.
- Defining and delivering initiatives that engage our customers and our internal teams and offer them real value.
- Provide strong leadership and be a visible exemplar for your team and the wider product community
- Maintain a good understanding of the market including customers, competitors, potential suppliers and partners
- Own delivery of the product roadmap for your business area and create stakeholder visibility through defined solution scope, milestones, and deliverables
- Enable a transparent, structured approach to prioritisation that gives the business clarity and confidence that the most impactful developments are being prioritised and gives the engineering team a reliable forward view and remove ambiguity from planning
- Define KPIs to measure achievement of product goals and their relationship to business (i.e. customer satisfaction, technical performance, etc.)
- Understand existing systems and the information flow to analyse tradeoffs and make decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- Effectively collaborate with world-class R&D and design within Zeelo
You should be / have:
- Strategic, data driven approach with proven track record of delivering complex product features at global scale
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and an appreciation and ability to vary your style to be effective with both senior business leaders, engineers and customers
- Commands respect from diverse stakeholders, ability to motivate and negotiate to align
- Confident researching and analysing product usage to identify requirements and develop business cases for investment
- Great problem solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Detail-oriented; designs experiments with clear success criteria; takes an idea to execution with a strong bias for action
- Solid technical background with understanding/or hands on experience of software development and web technologies
- Be comfortable working with agile, international teams
It would be great if you have:
- Exposure to mobility / transport / logistics or similar industry
- Experience of the US market
- Experience selecting and managing suppliers / partners
What you need to know about Zeelo
- Zeelo is a smart bus platform for organizations
- We’re on a mission to build the world’s leading smart mobility platform for organizations, enabling access to safe and sustainable transportation for everyday journeys
- We sell turnkey, managed and software solutions to employers (office-based and shift-based) and schools (private schools and universities)
- We have developed a best-in-class technology platform that connects organizations with riders and operator partners via a route optimization platform, mobile apps and operations management
- We’re just over 5-years old, backed with over $25M of venture capital from ETF Partners, InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover) and Dynamo.VC
- We’re a team of 150+ across 4 offices (London, Barcelona, Boston, and Durban) and are live in 3 markets (UK, US and South Africa)
- We value time together and advocate a hybrid working environment, typically 3 days per week in the office for most teams
- We encourage a culture where people work smart, move fast, and work together; where performance is rewarded and all team members feel supported on the ride of a lifetime. Our people demonstrate the following virtues in how we work ‘for the pod’: