Live Operations Advisor
Location: Remote, US East Coast
Hours: 40 hours per week - Mid Shift (08:00-17:00) Sat-Wed
Do you have experience with ground transportation? Ideally in a controller or dispatcher position where you had to support drivers? If so this could be a great fit!
Zeelo is growing fast and we are looking for a Live Operations Advisor to join our Live Operations team.
Zeelo has an ever-growing number of services and we pride ourselves on providing a personal and efficient service to our customers each and every day.
This team is integral to ensuring the efficient running of these services and driving excellent service standards by ‘going the extra mile’ for our customers.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a small team with huge ambition.
We’re looking for an engaging and passionate communicator, someone who values building strong relationships with people and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What you need to know about Zeelo
- Zeelo is a smart bus platform for organizations.
- We’re on a mission to build the world’s leading smart mobility platform for organizations, enabling access to safe and sustainable transportation for everyday journeys.
- We sell turnkey, managed and software solutions to employers (office-based and shift-based) and schools (private schools and universities).
- We have developed a best-in-class technology platform that connects organizations with riders and operator partners via a route optimization platform, mobile apps and operations management system.
- We’re just over 5-years old, backed with over $25M of venture capital from ETF Partners, InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover) and Dynamo.VC.
- We’re a team of 155+ across 4 offices (London, Barcelona, US and Durban) and are live in 3 markets (UK, US and South Africa).
- We encourage a culture where people work smart, move fast, and work together; where performance is rewarded and all team members feel supported on the ride of a lifetime. Our people demonstrate the following virtues in how we work ‘for the pod’:
- The Live Operations department, or Pod as we call it at Zeelo, consists of the Senior Live Operations Manager plus shift based staff covering the early, mid and late shifts. This gives us 24/7 coverage across all countries. Each shift has a Team Leader plus 2-6 Live Operation Specialists under their direct line management.
What you’ll do
- Managing journeys by exception only using our bespoke journey management software [Mission Control]
- Respond to journey alerts/issues and action the appropriate solution
- Respond to driver messages and updates sent from the Zeelo Driver App
- Respond to Emergency situations, communicate these effectively and provide the appropriate assistance / support
- Provide telephone, email and App support to ‘on-the-day’ questions and issues from our drivers & operators
What makes you a good fit for the role
- Personable and patient – we’re here to provide excellent service to our drivers / operators
- Very comfortable with using technology
- Ability to work under pressure; remaining calm and professional at all times. Prioritize solutions over blame
- Highly detail oriented
- Able to think on your feet
- Flexible - in terms of working hours and way of working
- Strong command of the English Language
- Be able to work remotely in a professional and safe environment with an excellent wifi connection
- Beneficial: Have experience as a live operations controller talking to drivers who are responsible for the end service delivery
- Beneficial: Have experience working in an operations team, especially if in a transport or logistics company
- Beneficial: Fluent in Spanish
- Process Driven
- Proficient in use of Information Technology systems
- Confidence to respectfully challenge
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- An amazing brand ambassador
Applications should be made via the Zeelo Careers Page or directly through LinkedIn
1 - 20 min phone screen with the Talent Acquisition team
2 - 45 minute Zoom with Live Operations Senior Operations Manager
3 - Assessments
4 - 20 minute Final Stage interview with the Director of Operations