Transportation Dispatcher / Support, Team Lead
Location: Hybrid, US - Boston, MA
Late Shift 1pm EST - 10pm.
Zeelo is growing fast and we are looking for a Team Leader to join our Live Operations team.
Zeelo has an ever-growing number of services and we pride ourselves on providing a personal and efficient service to our customers each and every day.
This team is integral to ensuring the efficient running of these services and driving excellent service standards by ‘going the extra mile’ for our customers.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a small team with huge ambition.
We’re looking for an engaging and passionate communicator, someone who values building strong relationships with people and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What you need to know about Zeelo
- Zeelo is a smart bus platform for organisations.
- We’re on a mission to build the world’s leading smart mobility platform for organisations, enabling access to safe and sustainable transportation for everyday journeys.
- We sell turnkey, managed and software solutions to employers (office-based and shift-based) and schools (private schools and universities).
- We have developed a best-in-class technology platform that connects organisations with riders and operator partners via a route optimization platform, mobile apps and operations management system.
- We’re just over 5-years old, backed with over $25M of venture capital from ETF Partners, InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover) and Dynamo.VC.
- We’re a team of 165+ across 4 offices (London, Barcelona, US and Durban) and are live in 3 markets (UK, US and South Africa).
- We encourage a culture where people work smart, move fast, and work together; where performance is rewarded and all team members feel supported on the ride of a lifetime. Our people demonstrate the following virtues in how we work ‘for the pod’:
- The Live Operations department, or Pod as we call it at Zeelo, consists of the Senior Live Operations Manager plus shift based staff covering the early, mid and late shifts. This gives us 24/7 coverage across all countries. Each shift has a Team Leader plus 2-6 Live Operation Specialists under their direct line management.
What you’ll do
- Support the Senior Live Operations Manager to lead the Live Operations Pod and enable Pod OKRs to be delivered.
- Take the lead on incident resolution as the Live Operations Incident Manager (IM) when serious incidents occur; acting as Bronze within Zeelo’s escalation process.
- During periods of intensity, work directly on issues and resolve them alongside your team.
- During incidents you will closely engage with other Incident Managers across the business and where required, take the overall IM Lead position. This will require you to make decisions across the full Global Operations remit.
- In addition to your shift pattern, you will need to be on-call at certain times to cover the IM position where there is no Team Leader on shift. This will be on a rota pattern.
- Leading the professional approach of the Global Operations team with respect to language, attitude and visibility. Also helping to enforce this within your team.
- Generally work remotely however, you will need to be available to attend monthly workshops and strategy meetings as your Line Manager requires.
- Collaborate with the other Global Operations Team Leaders from the Customer Care POD to achieve cohesion across the shifts.
- Represent Global Operations and the Live Operations POD and where required stand in for the Live Operations Senior Operations Manager.
- Foster excellent stakeholder relationships through positive engagement with others; providing constructive feedback and prioritising solutions over blame
- Oversee the day to day operation, delegate tasks, set deadlines and provide clear direction.
- Take responsibility for the recording and analysing of the Live Operations POD data and share this with the relevant stakeholders to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive and develop holistic service levels across all our contact channels Telephone, Email, Live chat, and Social Media often making decisions around priorities and allocating work to agents to ensure we achieve our goals.
- Be a brand ambassador for our customer and your team. Lead by example by setting standards of behaviour in line with the Zeelo People policies and processes.
- Support your team with all escalated operational stakeholder issues, ensuring any negative experience is quickly turned around and every interaction is finished positively on first contact.
- Evaluate, develop and implement processes and procedures to deliver an efficient and effective service in order to minimise operational, financial and reputational risk.
- Discover training needs/skill gaps and carry out/organise training interventions.
- Listen to team member feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts in a timely manner.
- Focus on developing your people and implementing PDP’s with monthly reviews including setting goals.
- Carry out line management duties which include; welfare checks, 1:1 meetings, regular appraisals and delivering their personal development plan.
What makes you a good fit for the role
- Deep process-driven mentality, ensuring the Incident Process is always followed and improved.
- Experience as a team leader in a fast-paced operations / controller environment.
- Desirable to have had 2+ years experience working within a transport operations environment, specifically with respect to working with drivers and operators to resolve service issues as they arise.
- Ability to identify and carry out coaching interventions.
- In depth knowledge of performance metrics and ability to interrogate data.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to the individual or circumstance.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work cross functionally across Pods.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Ability to work in a changing environment, proactively responding to changing requirements.
- Works well as part of a team but is a self-starter and can work independently.
- Good working knowledge of Office based tools, as well as experience working with proprietary systems.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience and flexibility for working shift patterns.
- Incident Management
- Process Driven
- Confidence to respectfully challenge
- Ability to understand, predict and adapt to fast paced environment
- Inspiring colleagues and teams to excel
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- An amazing brand ambassador