Finance and HR Operations Manager
Reporting to: President, North America, with dotted lines to global Finance and HR teams
What we want you to know about Zeelo:
- We’re on a mission to build the world’s leading smart mobility platform for organizations, enabling access to safe and sustainable transportation for everyday journeys.
- We are in the business of providing managed commuter solutions to employers (office-based and shift-based) and schools (private schools and universities)
- We routinely procure bus operator partners to provide ground transportation
- We have developed a best-in-class technology platform that connects organizations with riders and operator partners consisting of a route optimization platform, mobile apps and operations management system.
- We’re 6 years old, backed by over $30 million of venture capital from ETF Partners, InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover), and Dynamo.VC.
- We’re a team of 150+ across 3 continents (Europe, North America & Africa), 4 offices (London, Barcelona, Boston & Durban) and are live in 3 markets (UK, U.S. & South Africa.)
- We encourage a culture where people work smart, move fast, and work together, where performance is rewarded, and all team members feel supported on the ride of a lifetime.
We’re searching for a proactive Finance and HR Operations Manager whose role is to (i) provide finance support for the US business and global finance teams, and (ii) manage all aspects of HR operations for the US Zeelo team.
Zeelo offers a fast-paced and fun working environment where you will be gaining exposure to a variety of technologies and tools within a friendly and supportive team.
- Oversee US financial accounting system ensuring sound transactional processing related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting
- Assist with the preparation of periodic reporting, including monthly management accounts and annual audit
- Manage relationship with US accountants and tax / regulatory filings
- Work with global Head of Finance and Senior Finance Manager to review US accounting processes, identifying efficiencies, and standardizing as necessary
- Manage receivables and payables for the US business
- Manage HR processes such as compensation, benefits, performance management, training, recruiting, employee onboarding, time and expense management
- Develop process designs and implement initiatives to optimize and scale core HR processes
- Evaluate, select, and manage HR vendors and contracts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- CPA or other accounting qualification advantageous, but not required
- 3+ years’ experience in finance and /or HR management
- Commercial acumen and ability to find practical solutions
- Strong ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Highly organized and comfortable to manage multiple projects and changing priorities effectively in a complex, fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships and interact with people at all levels of the business
- Previous experience using Xero and Microsoft Office, Google workspace and Slack is beneficial