Role: Customer Care Team Leader
Location: Hybrid, US - Boston, MA
Late Shift 1pm EST - 10pm.
Zeelo is growing fast and we are looking for a Team Leader to join our Customer Care team.
Zeelo has an ever-growing number of services and we pride ourselves on providing a personal and efficient service to our customers each and every day.
This team is integral to ensuring the efficient running of these services and driving excellent service standards by ‘going the extra mile’ for our customers.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a small team with huge ambition.
We’re looking for an engaging and passionate communicator, someone who values building strong relationships with people and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What you need to know about Zeelo
- Zeelo is a smart bus platform for organisations
- We’re on a mission to build the world’s leading smart mobility platform for organisations, enabling access to safe and sustainable transportation for everyday journeys
- We sell turnkey, managed and software solutions to employers (office-based and shift-based) and schools (private schools and universities)
- We have developed a best-in-class technology platform that connects organisations with riders and operator partners via a route optimization platform, mobile apps and operations management system
- We’re just over 5-years old, backed with over $20M of venture capital from ETF Partners, InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover) and Dynamo.VC
- We’re a team of 155+ across 4 offices (London, Barcelona, US and Durban) and are live in 3 markets (UK, US and South Africa)
- We encourage a culture where people work smart, move fast, and work together; where performance is rewarded and all team members feel supported on the ride of a lifetime. Our people demonstrate the following virtues in how we work ‘for the pod’:
- The Customer Care department, or Pod as we call it at Zeelo, consists of the Senior Customer Care Manager plus shift based staff covering the early, mid and late shifts. This gives us 24/7 coverage across all countries. Each shift has a Team Leader plus 2-6 Customer Care staff under their direct line management.
What you’ll do
- Support the Senior Customer Care Manager to lead the Customer Care Pod to enable Pod OKRs to be delivered
- Take the lead on incident resolution as the Customer Care Incident Manager (IM) when serious incidents occur; acting as Bronze within Zeelo’s escalation process.
- During incidents you will be closely collaborating with other Incident Managers in the business and where required, take the overall IM Lead position. This will require you to make decisions across the full Global Operations remit. Where required you will be the main POC for Silver and/or Gold Incident Managers and escalate to them if necessary.
- In addition to your shift pattern, you will need to be on-call at certain times to cover the Bronze IM position where there is no Team Leader on shift. This will be on a rota pattern.
- Leading the professional approach of the Global Operations team with respect to language, attitude and visibility.
- Generally work remotely however, you will need to be available to attend monthly workshops and strategy meetings as your Line Manager requires
- Collaborate with the other Global Operations Shift Team Leaders to achieve cohesion across the shifts
- Represent Global Operations and the Customer Care Pod and where required stand in for the Customer Care Senior Operations Manager
- Foster excellent stakeholder relationships through positive engagement with others; providing constructive feedback and prioritising solutions over blame
- Oversee the day to day operation, delegate tasks, set deadlines and provide clear direction
- Take responsibility for the recording and analysing of the Customer Care POD data and share this with the relevant stakeholders to drive continuous improvement
- Drive and develop holistic service levels across all our contact channels - Telephone, Email, Live chat, and Social Media often making decisions around priorities and allocating work to people to ensure we achieve our goals
- Be a brand ambassador for our customer and your team. Lead by example by setting standards of behaviour in line with the Zeelo People policies and processes
- Support your team with all escalated customer issues, ensuring any negative experience is quickly turned around and every customer interaction finished positively on first contact and delivers great customer experience
- Evaluate, develop and implement processes and procedures to deliver an efficient and effective service in order to minimise operational, financial and reputational risk
- Discover training needs/skill gaps and carry out/organise training interventions
- Listen to team member feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts in a timely manner
- Focus on developing your people and implementing PDP’s with monthly reviews including setting goals
- Carry out line management duties which include; welfare checks, 121 meetings, annual appraisals and delivering their personal development plan
What makes you a good fit for the role
- Deep empathy with stressful situations our Riders and Clients go through from time to time
- Desirable to have had 2+ years experience working in a fast-paced contact centre environment
- Ability to identify and carry out coaching interventions
- In depth knowledge of performance metrics and ability to interrogate data
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to the individual or circumstance
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work cross functionally across PODs
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Ability to work in a changing environment, proactively responding to changing requirements
- Works well as part of a team but is a self-starter and can work independently
- Good working knowledge of Office based tools as well as experience working with proprietary systems
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Budget management experience
- Experience and flexibility for working shift patterns
- Incident Management
- High EQ
- Confidence to respectfully challenge
- Ability to understand, predict and adapt to fast paced environment
- Inspiring colleagues and teams to excel
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- An amazing brand ambassador